Hockey Facts and Trivia
- The diameter of a hockey puck is three inches.
- The first organized indoor hockey game was played March 3, 1875 at Montrealís Victoria Skating Rink.
- The National Hockey League (NHL) was founded on November 22, 1917.
- The Montreal Canadiens have won the most Stanley Cups in league history, with 23.
- The standard North American ice rink is 200 feet long and 85 feet wide.
- The Hockey Hall of Fame is located in Toronto, Ontario.
- Phil Esposito of the Boston Bruins was the first NHL player to record 100 points in a season, in 1969.
- The last player in the NHL to play without a helmet was Craig MacTavish, who retired in 1997.
- Regulation hockey nets are six feet wide and four feet tall.